1973 Triumph Daytona
|Sub Model (Optional):||500|
|:||“Very strong runner-no smoke or leaks. Matching numbers, original paint, seat and chrome.”|
|Item status:||In archive|
1973 TRIUMPH DAYTONA 500 T100RGood running, last year bike. All original.
When American rider Buddy Elmore won the 1966 Daytona 200 aboard a factory Triumph 500cc motorcycle, the factory decided to capitalize on the win and release a new 500cc road bike named the "Daytona" for the 1967 model year. Gary Nixon won the '67 Daytona race on the new Daytona and went on to win the AMA Championship that year on the same bike. The production Daytona was sold from 1[hidden information] and sported a race inspired engine with 2 Amal concentric carbs, 9:1 compression and a hot cam, producing 40 horsepower and capable of speeds over 100 mph. The Daytona was the top of the line 500 offered by Triumph.
This matching numbers 1973 Daytona is an honest, original bike that runs very well. Recent work includes an engine and gearbox oil change, new fuel lines, rebuilt carbs, new clutch discs and new fork gaiters. A brand new battery is fitted. Some sorting may be necessary as very few miles have been put on the bike in the last few years. It is completely original cosmetically and has a very cool patina. The '73 model is the pinnacle of development for the Daytona and these never used the horrible "oil in frame" of the 650 series, instead retaining the much preferred separate oil tank and frame of the earlier bikes.
The tank paint is worn and scratched and there is a very slight crease in the left side, just above the emblem as shown in the photo of the left side of the tank. The frame paint is about the same, with some paint missing in areas of surface rust and scratches. The chrome fenders are perfectly straight and very shiny, with some freckling and scratches. The original Dunlop rims are straight. The rear rim has excellent chrome and the front rim is a bit dull. The tires are 10-15 years old, but have almost full tread. The original seat upholstery is worn and has a couple of splits in the seams, perfectly matching the rest of the bike. Old Indians and Harleys are being painstakingly restored to have this exact same look and patina-this one has it for real. Leave the cosmetics alone and ride this one, it has a really cool look just the way it is.
The speedometer is correct but not original to the bike, so I do not know the actual mileage. The engine starts quickly and sounds great. It doesn't smoke or leak and makes excellent power. The original wiring is all intact (turn signals have been removed) and the battery holds its charge without draining.
A clear California title comes with this motorcycle and it is currently on a "non-op" so zero back fees or penalties. This Triumph is not advertised anywhere else and this auction is the exclusive venue to purchase it. This is a rare opportunity to obtain a very desirable bike in original condition. There is a reasonable reserve on this auction.
Please ask any and all questions and read the terms below before bidding. Terms of This Sale:1) By bidding in this auction, you declare that you have read the Terms of this Sale as outlined below and agree to them. Questions like "What's the reserve?" or "What's the buy it now price?" will be ignored. There is no "buy it now" price. The auction will conclude on Sunday at 5pm.
2) If you are the winning high bidder in this auction, you are entering a legal and binding contract to purchase the motorcycle, as outlined in the eBay User Agreement . Since bid retractions upset the auction process, any bid retractions without my prior knowledge and approval will cause the auction to end immediately.
3) The motorcycle may be viewed in person, by appointment in Costa Mesa, California, prior to the end of the auction. I am located 7 minutes from Orange County Airport (SNA), and 40 Minutes from LAX. Please email for an appointment. If you have any questions, please ask them BEFORE you bid.
4) Please, bid on this motorcycle only if you are serious about owning it and have the funds available. Payment is due in full within 3 days of the end of the auction. (Overseas bidders please contact me re payment-I know it takes 2-3 days for wire transfers....)
5) The motorcycle is sold "as is, where is," with no warranty. Transportation is the responsibility of the new owner. I can recommend reliable professional transporters or shippers and will assist with loading.
6) After the auction has ended, the sale price is final. Thank you and good luck!
TOP «Triumph» motorcycles for sale in the United States
Lattest Arrivals1975 Triumph Trident
1939 TRIUMPH SPEED TWIN
Triumph TR5T trophy trail
2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring
1953 Triumph Tiger Cub T 20
1950 Triumph Thunderbird
TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE 1050 R 1050R 12/2016 MODEL 25342KMS PROJECT MAKE OFFER
2003 Triumph Bonneville
Triumph Daytona 955 Cafe Racer
1938 Triumph Speed Twin
Triumph Daytona 675R 2014
triumph thruxton 900 cafe racer naked road bike classic motorcycle custom
2010 Triumph speed triple 1050 SE
1968 Triumph Other
1967 Triumph Bonneville
TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675 675R OHLINS 10/2014 MODEL 3316KMS PROJECT MAKE AN OFFER
1967 Triumph Bonneville
2015 Triumph Scrambler 900
Other Makes: T120R
*** 1995 Triumph Hinckley Daytona - Speed Triple 900 - T300 ***
1971 Triumph Daytona
Triumph speedtwin 1947
1970 Triumph Tiger
1970 Triumph Bonneville
2007 Triumph Bonneville
1956 Triumph TR6 T110 MUTT
TRIUMPH DAYTONA 675R 675 01/2012 MODEL 18742KMS PROKECT MAKE AN OFFER
1973 Triumph Tiger